Saturday, October 15, 2011

Howdy neighbor! *

* ode to Home Improvement, which this post is about...

Things have picked up since the well went dry in May. The lawn is almost back to normal, although I have several new low spots that I need to fill in. The area is already the natural low spot of the lawn, and with the weight of the rig it just compacted it even more. Since we have had record rainfall in August and September that area is just a mess. It rained a few days ago and it is soggy.

Finally got new gutters, with gutter guards! WOOOO!

Got the shed (which is HUGE) re-shingled. Thank goodness I did because there was a hole in the roof and I didn't know it. I don't go into the shed as all of the tools I use are kept in the garage - and it's icky and dark and spidery and I don't do icky and dark and spidery. All the plywood on the roof had to be replaced.

NEW BAY WINDOW! Finally replaced the old picture and side windows in the living room. It is gorgeous. Makes the living room look so much larger. I wish I had pictures to post but my camera died the day they were coming to install it. I went outside to take a "before" picture but the camera crapped out. I need to get a new one but am not sure what to get.

Signed the contract to get the privacy fence around the entire back yard. Cannot wait! It should be installed within a month. YAY! My cats will be able to stay outside all day and I won't have to worry about their safety. I also ordered a new sliding glass door from Champion Windows that has a pet door IN THE GLASS! And? It qualifies for a $500 energy tax credit. YAY again! Now they will be able to go in and out whenever they want.

Extra bonus! I can plant tulips again because the deer won't be able to get into my yard to eat them. So I'll have daffodils in the front, which the deer won't eat, and tulips in the back. HAPPY HAPPY!

5 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

Wow...changes can be very good. You've done so much. I don't know what camera to recommend, but I wish I had a new, better one. You'll enjoy the windows and the fence every day!

10/16/2011 3:15 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Can't cats climb fences? *head tilt*

Yay for tulips!

10/18/2011 10:57 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Wowza-that's a lot of remodelling!

Oh Breezy, let her have her hopes about the fence. :-)

10/19/2011 4:26 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

BTW, my cats said they are jealous of your new bay window, especially if there is cat seating built in. :-)

10/20/2011 3:56 PM  
Blogger harada57 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/19/2017 3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home