Sunday, July 10, 2011

July update

The yard is still a mess from the well drilling. It took 2 months to get a quote from a neighbor who owns a landscaping company. Keep in mind he stopped by the house on his own and offered to help. Now that I accepted his quote, I'm waiting on the work to get done. He's giving me a very good deal so I can't really be too demanding. I guess. Not really concerned about getting it done, but I really hate that my neighbor has to look at it every day.

Despite my best efforts I have gotten poison ivy rashes twice already this year. I wear gloves when I garden and it still got on my hands. Currently I have it between my fingers, and there is a spot on my right palm. Sheesh!

Work is okay. A bunch of changes, lots of training, but mostly I'm just tired of it. I need to reset my attitude and concentrate on the fact I have a good job. But I'd really REALLY like to be filthy rich with no need to work.

Bennie the cat had an eye infection that took weeks to clear up. We tired three different eye drops/salves. The last one finally worked. Luckily it didn't spread to his other eye, or the other cats.

Had my HS reunion last weekend. It always makes me kind of melancholy afterwards, remembering the "good ole days" - and were they really that good - and remembering the missed opportunties I had. There have been a few times in my life I wish I taken the other road, but can't go back and change it. I do know that I am where I'm supposed to be. No matter which fork in the road I would have taken in the past I always would have ended up back in Maryland taking care of my parents before they died. And you know? I'm totally cool with that. I am where I'm supposed to be.

And right now I need to be at Wal-Mart buying cat food. *grin*

6 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

Crazy cat lady! *giggle*

7/11/2011 4:26 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

And darn proud of it! MEOW!!!

7/11/2011 8:26 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I don't think we're "friends" on facebook, but check my facebook page for a couple of funny cat videos. I'm glad that you "checked in here" in bloggy land.

7/17/2011 12:01 AM  
Blogger harada57 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/19/2017 3:25 AM  
Blogger DreamNT said...

Good Idea!we love visiting in your blog...we will come back soon.









บาคาร่า

8/17/2018 3:53 AM  
Blogger thanida said...

Waiting for your next post.You can visit our site to get awesome :
ดูบอลสด
ผลบอลเมื่อคืน
ผลบอลสด

9/27/2019 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home