Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday morning stuff

1. I think the two best TV themes ever are the ones from Bonanza and Hawaii 5-0. Tv show themes are a lost art these days.

2. What ever happened to the "No Call list"? I get more telemarketer calls than before. Of course I don't answer the phone due to the genius that is Caller ID.

3. I vow that as soon as the weather turns warm for good, I will scrub/clean/spiff up the back deck. It's nasty and dirty all over, and green in the northern facing areas. It will sparkle and shine when I am done with it. At this point I don't have plans to replace it, so I am going to enjoy it and the first step is to clean it good.

4. This weekend I am painting one bedroom. The next weekend I am painting the third bedroom and the hallway. After the paint dries I am getting carpet for both rooms. After my bank account recovers I am looking for a new bedroom furniture to include a new mattress set.

5. My plans in #4 might come to a crashing stop if the federal budget isn't passed and I get furlowed by Congress. Cuz, in case you didn't know I am one of those unnecessary federal workers who deserve to lose their jobs. And if I do, in the words of the House Speaker -- "So be it".

6. Why is it that every time I have the day off, Matt Lauer also takes the day off? I like Willie Geist, but he's no Matt Lauer.

3 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I love a fresh paint job. Can I come over and lounge in your room? Then we can hang out on the deck and talk about our love for Matt Lauer. Maybe we can do this on work time since we are both lazy government employees!

Speaking of the no call list...we returned from our TX vacation to no fewer than 20 messages from a few mortgage lenders. Some idiot had applied online and "mistakenly"(?) put in our phone number. We clamored to answer the phone after that so we could tell them to stop calling!

3/04/2011 11:26 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I have a CD of old TV show themes.

I don't have caller ID.

Paint and carpet; at least you're doing it in the right order.

I love Matt Lauer. I loved him more when he had more hair, though.

3/16/2011 1:52 AM  
Blogger harada57 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/19/2017 3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home