Sunday, January 23, 2011

Questions

1. Why do I go grocery shopping when I'm starving?

2. Why do I bother to make a shopping list when I leave it on the kitchen counter 9 times out of 10?

3. Where are my spare pair of glasses?

4. Why do dog owners (not all, but a lot) think it's okay to test squeeze every single dog toy in the store before supposedly buying one -- I almost never stick around long enough to see them place a toy in the cart? And do they really let their dog play with a toy that is louder and more annoying than a jet engine?

5. Speaking of the word "supposedly" (see above), why does it make me crazy when people pronounce it SU-POSE-UB-BLY? Every single episode of Ghost Hunters Steve uses the word supposedly (as in "supposedly there is activity in this part of the room", or "the owner supposedly was touched by an unseen spirit") and he says it wrong every time. Makes me cringe! Why am I a word snob? I'm certainly not perfect and I don't point out to people when they pronounce something wrong, but it makes me cringe.

6. Isn't it good to see I am very comfortable with my sci-fi geekiness that I readily admit to watching Ghost Hunters every week? Um, more than once a week, probably. Actually.

7. Is it spring yet? Anytime soon? Some time this year? Maybe? I'm sick of cold and snow. And why does my nose run every time I am out in the cold? What's up with that? I look like a sick toddler with a constant stream of snot running down my face. And no one wants to see what I look like while shoveling the driveway. Disgusting.

8. Remember the Flip Wilson Show from the 70's? I loved it! "The devil made me do it" "What you see is what you get" That was good fun. Long live Geraldine!

9. Speaking of funny people from the 70's, remember Foster Brooks and his drunk guy act? I watched a You Tube clip of him singing the 12 days of Christmas and I laughed so hard I had to stop the clip a few times to compose myself. By the way, snot ran down my face then too.

10. Why can't I stop a list on an odd number? I didn't have anything else to add after #9 , but just couldn't leave it at an odd number. I think I'm an even number snob. My birth month, birth day and birth year are all even numbers so I think I'm drawn to even numbers. Or maybe I'm weird. Probably so. What do you think? Weird, normal or I probably need to stop asking such dumb questions?

16 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

I make out my shopping list on an old envelope (recycled), put my coupons in it, and put it in my purse. It's always there.

I wish my cat would play with cat toys, now that she's older. It's so fun to watch kittens play with toys.

I'm a word snob, too.

You need to take a vacation every winter, far away from there.

I remember Flip Wilson and Foster Brooks. Look for "Pioneers of Television" on PBS. This is season 2 and they've had Westerns, Science Fiction, and Police Dramas is coming up.

There's a reason why "odd" is called "odd."

1/28/2011 9:24 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Puffy, for sure I would lose the envelope AND the coupons.

I truly do need a vacation every winter. We just got dumped on last week, and apparently another storm is coming Tuesday/Wednesday. Oh joy.

LOL @ odd. :)

1/29/2011 12:19 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

1. It's the best time.

2. Dunno. As an over-prepared & slightly psycho grocery shopper I have a printed master list of everything I buy which I keep in my purse. If I forget my freshly-printed, yellow-highlighted, weekly list - then just by reading the master list I can usually reconstruct everything I wanted.

3. In your pocket. No - the other one.

4. Dunno.

5. Word snobbery is a good thing.

6. You are sci-fi (I refuse to use the spelling sy-fy) geekier than I am. Ghost Hunters? Really!?! Waahaha! So. Are you going to watch Face Off?

7. *hands over a kleenex*

8. I loved Flip Wilson! My dad sat in his easy chair and made racist commentary throughout the show, but I was not deterred. He was the first man I ever saw wearing women's clothes - and he looked pretty darn good in them too. (Flip - not my dad.)

9. I don't remember him.

10. Are you weird? See question #6.

1/29/2011 2:52 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Swami, Foster Brooks did a lot of the Dean Martin shows, and the celebrity roasts. He was hilarious.

Yes, I watch ghost shows and I'm proud of it! And yes, I'm going to watch Face Off. I also can't wait for SGU: Stargate Universe to start again.

I have another question: What ever happened to the No Call List? I get more spam calls now than ever. Thank COD for caller ID.

1/30/2011 7:16 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I try to do what Puffy does for lists/coupons, but I often last for about three months, then go back to old habits and forget the list and the coupons.

Did you watch the Puppy Bowl yesterday? I love all the puppies and their toys! The kitty halftime show also rocked. :-)

I do not remember Flip Wilson, but I've heard of him.

2/07/2011 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. That's probably when you're thinking about it the most.

2. When you find the answer, let me know. I do the same thing.

3. In Tummy's bedroom? Everything ends up there.

4. Don't get me started on dog owners. How do they not hear their dogs barking all freaking day long? Especially when I'm off and trying to enjoy peace and quiet.

5. Agree.

6. I watch The Bachelor. I admit to that.

7. It's going to be almost 70 all week here. I think we're in the home stretch of winter.

8. Um, no, but I will pretend to just for you.

9. Pretending again. We have a friend whose maiden name was Foster and she married a Brooks making her a "Foster Brooks." There was always a joke there I didn't get.

10. I'd say you're pretty normal.

2/14/2011 9:03 AM  
Blogger Packers and Movers Chandigarh said...

Packers and Movers Chandigarh are extraordinarily talented and offer wide scopes of administrations, for example, stacking and emptying, pressing and #moving, #office #moving, #vehicle #moving, migration and numerous different qualities identified with a move all packaged up in a selective bundle that makes them worth an attemp
http://chandigarhpackersandmovers.in/
http://chandigarhpackersandmovers.in/packers-and-movers-firozpur

2/05/2016 7:23 AM  
Blogger คนสวย2019 said...

ร้อยไหม
ร้อยไหมปรับรูปหน้า ปรับรูปหน้าที่ไหไนดี ร้อยไหมที่แห่งไหน











ดี? กังนัมสถานพยาบาล



เป็น



คำตอบไม่ว่าจะเป็น ร้อยไหมหน้าเรียว เป็นวีไลน์แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ด้วยไหมก้าง



ให้ท่าน



งาม



แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ลดอายุ หน้าเด็ก ไม่เจ็บ ไม่บอบช้ำ



ไม่บวม หน้าเป็นวีเชฟ ลดเหนียง เหนียงกระชับสมปรารถนา






ร้อยไหม เป็นยังไง






การร้อยไหม เป็น



เทคโนโลยีที่ช่วยขจัดปัญหา









ผิวหน้าที่ไม่กระชับ หย่อนยาน



คล้อย ให้กลับมากระชับ หน้าเรียว เต่งตึง เข้ารูป วีเชฟได้สมปรารถนา




ร้อยไหม
ร้อยไหมหน้าเรียว

11/16/2018 12:22 AM  
Blogger stevejordon said...

This is actually good to read the content of this blog. here is very general and the huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I, in reality, appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.I am sharing related topic which is most important for How to Generate iTunes gift card

1/17/2019 12:02 PM  
Blogger henry carl said...

La disponibilidad de la información está generalizada en Internet, por lo que muchas personas obtienen algo de esto. trabajo impresionante y también algunos temas como 7 mejores tarjetas de credito

5/11/2019 6:03 PM  
Blogger thanida said...

Good post....thanks for sharing.. very useful for me i will bookmark this for my future needs. Thanks. แทงบอล

8/27/2019 4:01 AM  
Blogger thanida said...

Well done! Nice post! This really helps me to find the answers to my question.
เว็บย่อลิ้ง
เว็บย่อลิ้งค์
ย่อลิ้ง
ย่อurl
ย่อเว็บ

10/14/2019 3:24 AM  
Blogger loda lasan said...

This is extremely helpful info!! for gamers Very good work. Everything is very interesting to learn and easy to understand. Take the given information. I have something new for you about Auto clicker Auto clicker

5/15/2021 7:35 AM  
Blogger Alexander Milton said...

I have read your article . Everything is very interesting in this post.it is very informative post for me. and I also sharing article everything you need to know about.

11/22/2022 1:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice, good job and thanks for sharing such a good thoughts.
Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it.
Here by inspire your blog i have something about How to earn free robux

12/03/2022 6:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/03/2022 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home