Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday thoughts

1. Going to Target at 5:30am did not result in getting any super deals. All the super deals were snatched up by all the crazies who stood in line at 4am.

2. Going to Home Depot at 6:15am resulted in a super deal. I got a shop vac for $29 (marked down from $99). I refuse to bring my beloved Dyson to the nasty basement so I really wanted a one. You have to wonder how can they sell a $99 shop vac for $29 and make any kind of profit. Makes me think the shop vac is really close to a $20 value...but I don't care! I got one and I'm happy. Errant kitty litter and basement debris be warned! I'm coming after you!!!

3. Shopping in pajamas. *rolls eyes* Seriously people. Is it too much to ask for you to put on street clothes to go shopping at 6am? We know you just rolled out of bed but put forth a tiny bit of effort. I really don't care to see your warn and tattered fuzzy Old Navy pajama bottoms. It is not cute...expecially for anyone older than 6. I think the only reason I didn't see people shopping in their fuzzy slippers is because it was raining this morning.

4. How much do I love shopping at BJ's Wholesale? THIS.MUCH *spreads arms wide* I got there right at 7am as the doors were opening, found my Black and Decker convection oven/toaster (with my $20 off coupon) and breezed through to the back of the store while everyone else was buying up the electronics in the front. The only bad thing is I went hungry, so I really bought more food stuff then I had intended. In fact the only food I needed to get was cat food. Oh well! I *heart* BJ's.

5. Next year? I will be sleeping in on Black Friday and not shopping. Not worth the effort. I'm sticking to the internet to do my Christmas shopping.

6. Next on the list -- decorating. But I'll wait until tomorrow for that. I'm tired and I need a nap.

7. One a side note -- today would have been my parents' 55th wedding anniversary. Love you, Mom and Dad!

5 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

Still thinking of you, AugieMomAndDad, on your anniversary.

I slept to 8:30 am this morning, and then had my hair done. Nobody gets their hair done on the day after a holiday, so no crowds there.

I peruse the ads, but don't go out shopping. Sometimes I'll venture out on the Friday night after Thanksgiving.

11/26/2010 3:38 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I got Michelle up at 3:30am to get to Target at 4am. We ended up starting at JCP because the line to get into Target was insane. I didn't get any super duper fantastic deals but I did finish my shopping 99%, so it was worth it. Michelle said she will not be getting up early with me next year for a repeat performance. LOL

11/26/2010 9:50 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I was going to get up early and go to Best Buy for the Nook. $50 off... but was able to order it online Thanksgiving morning for the same price and free shipping! I loves the interwebs.

(((AugieMom&Dad)))

11/27/2010 7:31 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yay for deals! Shopvacs are also good for car vacuuming. Of course, car washes are also good for that. :-)

Breezy-let me know how you like the Nook. I've been toying around with getting one, but am undecided. There was one fabulous deal for $75 yesterday through my Mastercard, but it sold out in literally 4 seconds.

11/30/2010 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents!

I did not Black Friday shop. I never have - except for the one year I went to Bass Pro to get a $10 fleece for Conner, but it was 10 a.m.

12/02/2010 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home