Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weekend update

1. I'm seriously thinking about putting up a privacy fence in the backyard. 6' high, white vinyl -- beautiful, no maintenance and total privacy. Unfortunately, having a big back yard means a whole lot of fence. The quote I got was $14,600. Yikes.

2. This weekend I'm pet sitting for my neighbor/coworker Cindy. Her daughter is getting married today and my job is to stop by the house and feed the cats, fish and frogs. Everything went well yesterday evening, and I'm going to do the morning round shortly. I get so nervous doing this because I just would die if something happened on my watch.

3. Is it really almost September? What happened to the summer?

4. Not only have I gotten the new laptop, I finally replaced my old iPod with an iTouch. LOVE IT! I just can't seem to be able to connect it to my wireless network here at home. I'll work on that this weekend. If I have time, which brings me to ....

5. Chores for the weekend: grocery shopping, laundry, clean the basement (ACK!), and work on getting crap out of the attic (double ACK!), and figure out where to put the attic crap (basement or garage?). I want to get the attic cleared so I can get it insulated properly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

Did you download Word With Friends. *hops around* Play with me Augieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8/23/2010 9:37 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

1. That's a lot of money but when you need a fence, you need a fence!

2. I hope all parties survived the weekend. What kind of frogs? I always wanted to get poison dart frogs but they are way expensive.

3. Still August. Summer will last forever. I believe!

4. Congrats on a big purchases!

5. That was too much work. I hope you had some fun too!

8/23/2010 2:11 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Breezy - once I figure out how to get into my wireless network, i'll download and play with you. Not sure how long it will take.

Swami - the frogs are indeed poisonous, but I don't remember what she called them. They were very tiny, bright green with dots. I didn't get very close and only made sure they had water and crickets.

8/23/2010 5:51 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I have a white vinyl gate. It's so much better than wood.

You'll need to change your name to Septembergirl.

8/27/2010 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home