Friday, August 27, 2010

Victory!

I had my annual physical with my family doctor yesterday. The dread I felt getting on that scale was very real. This past winter was rough (first winter/Christmas without Dad, and his birthday was in February, lots of snow -- back to back blizzards) and I really overdosed on my comfort foods (potatoes, ice cream, cheesecake, cupcakes).

I had gained 10 pounds since last year's checkup. This spring I decided to "get real" and cut out the carbs, refined sugar and to eat healthier. The final straw was not fitting into most of my spring slacks/trousers/work stuff. ACK!!!

So I stepped on the scale yesterday and I was down 2 pounds from last year! Not only did I lose the 10 I had gained, I also lost 2 additional. WOOOOOOO!!!!! I plan to continue to my healthy ways and would like to lose about 5 more. However, I do plan on having a nice steak and baked potato this weekend to give myself a reward. Haven't had a baked potato in ages. *drool*

One more thing. Dr is pretty sure I have a rotor cuff injury. I have been assigned exercises to do at home. If that doesn't help, the next step is physical therapy. After that -- surgery. I do not want any surgery so I will be doing my excercises. I've become rather disciplined in my chubby old age. *grin*

Also? Today is my brother's birthday.

6 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Congrats! I'm slowly shedding my school weight gain...perhaps I should have you be my personal trainer. :-)

8/27/2010 10:25 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Do your exercises!

I have to go to the dr this week, I don't want to.

8/30/2010 11:59 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Food makes you gain weight? So that's my problem!

Congrats on your "creeping" weight loss. Yeah - I'd try to avoid surgery too...

8/30/2010 12:57 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I will do my excercises, Breezy. Promise.

Yes Swami, food makes you gain weight. And the sad part is the good stuff is what packs on the blubber. Its just not fair.

Kim, you don't want me for a personal trainer. I'm lazy.

8/30/2010 6:32 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Happy birthday, Augiebro. I have 3 doctors appointments this week; just various check-ups. Great job on the weight loss...I'm jealous.

8/31/2010 1:15 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Waaaaah, I have packed on 25lbs in the past two years. I'm officially a chubafoo.

9/19/2010 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home