Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tidbits and stuff

1. Friskies has a new Party Mix flavor -- Cheezy Craze Crunch. So far it's a hit with everyone except for Mousie (which isn't surprising because she only eats Fancy Feast Seafood, Salmon, and maybe Chicken -- she turns her nose up at everything else).

2. HOT! This summer has been brutal. Today was another record for high temps. It is so humid out it's like walking out into a sauna. I do not look forward to getting the next electric bill.

3. Cell phones annoy me. Cell phone users annoy me more. Remember the good ole days when phone conversations were private because everyone had them in their home or in a enclosed phone booth? Not at the grocery store or standing in line at the bank?

4. Tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy and getting whatever Dell laptop they have in stock. I cannot take this PC anymore. It's 10 years old and slower than molasses in winter. I've given up on my dream of a Mac for now -- too pricey and I can't justify the cost. I like Dell and don't really feel like I'm "settling", I'm just being practical. Being practical sucks.

5. Summer injuries to date: Stepped on a bee, got poison ivy. Oh! I woke up at 3am earlier this week with a major charleyhorse. OUCH! I know that's not an injury, but it hurt bad. My leg is still sore.

6. That's all I've got. I was thinking of going outside to see if anything needed watering, and then coming back with more items, but I'm pretty sure I won't have anything more to add. Things are pretty calm and boring -- not that I'm complaining.

8 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

Yay!!! Finally a laptop!

7/26/2010 9:17 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Is the "party mix" a soft cat food or crunchy treats? I'm intrigued. My cats won't eat the flaked soft cat food, they only like the pureed stuff. To save my nose, they generally get "Mixed Grill" or "Turkey and Giblets." Fishy cat breath sucks. They get a tiny scoop of soft food mixed with pumpkin daily, as a supplement to their dry diet. Since Bartleby had his bladder issue and Ali has constipation issues, we switched to that rotation. Loki just gets the benefit of everyone else being sick.

Yay for the new laptop! It's always a feeling of dread when planning to spend major moolah, but then you get over it and just enjoy the purchase. And I like Dell, too. It's what we always get for work, and we also have at home. Solid computers that have gotten us through many years.

I think an iPad (still hate saying that) will by my next work purchase, but that's a good three years off, so there might be other similar options. I can't imagine the other companies won't try to follow suit.

7/26/2010 9:41 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

1. My cats are not allowed anything cheese related or even cheese themed because it makes them fart & barf. My picky cat will only eat Meow Mix salmon with crab for wet food. Mostly the two of them eat dry IAMs natural seafood flavor.

2. *fans Yvonne*

3. Yeah, I hate those half conversations. What I really hate is when I am at the grocery store and someone with a Bluetooth comes up behind me and asks a question, then looks at me like I'm such a moron when I start to answer before noticing the bug in their ear. I likes the old days when people sometimes talked to random fellow travellers on the path of life instead of always talking to people who aren't there.

4. Yay for a new laptop!!!

5. Owie on the bee-step. Been there/ done that. Owie!

6. Of course something needs watering. When does something not need watering in the gosh darn heat of summertime?

7/26/2010 11:30 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I love my laptop! Dell rocks!

Kim - party mix is crunchy treats. I made the mistake of buying them treats, and now they act like it's part of their diet. The cats run this house. I'll have to try the pumpkin and see if they eat it. I can tell you right now Mousie will not. Harry, on the other hand, is the least picky cat I have ever had. He will eat anything. COD bless his grumpy little heart.

Swami - I am pretty lucky that the cats don't fart. Hairballs are the bane of my existance. They usually hack them up in the night, so I find them by accident with my bare feet.

And yes, those Bluetooth things are uber annoying too!

Update on the poison ivy rash -- I think I'm going to have a scar on my arm. As I get older I seem to be more sensitive to the poison. Now that the itch is gone I need to find something to take the red out.

7/26/2010 5:54 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I usually like to make fun of you about the heat but I will stay away from that right now. I saw it was like 116 the other day??
Yay for a new laptop!!!!!

7/27/2010 10:05 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

No laptop for me yet. How's it working out for you?

Cleo gets non-stop Iams dry food, usually for mature cats, hairball formula. I brush her during the summer so that gets rid of lots of potential hairball fur.

She gets the Friskies party mix as a treat. She also gets about 1/4 of a Meow Mix cup as a treat after we have dinner. She used to wait for us to be out of the room, to eat. Now she chows down immediately.

I am not a cell-phone lover. In fact, I rarely have mine on. But other people...so rude!

We have 5 room fans in our house, and we didn't buy any of them. They're all passed down from my parents and in-laws.

8/03/2010 9:52 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Puffy, i love my laptop. Love it! So fast, I am just sorry I waited so long to replace the old one.

8/13/2010 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

8/16/2010 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home