Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Small bed in the front of the house, to the right of the front door. It gets late afternoon sun so it's hard to find different things to plant. Last year I had lantana, so this year I thought I'd do sweet potato vines, petunias and snapdragons.

Close up of the vine and petunias.
More of the calla lillies. This is about 3 feet tall. The color is a lighter pink than the other one (posted below).
This one is not as tall, but the color is a deeper pink. Kim -- see how close they are to the house? If you plant yours just as close, in a sunny spot and mulch well I bet you won't have to dig them up each fall.





6 Comments:

Blogger gothmog said...

I don't know nuffin 'bout flowers, but I just wanted to say Hi! and? miss you! *smooch*

6/17/2010 11:35 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

mmmmm do you get sweet potatoes on those vines?

*giggle*

6/18/2010 8:41 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

HOLY COW! My sweetie gothmog stopped by. *swoon* I miss you too!

Breezy? You know the answer to that.

6/18/2010 9:07 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

You always inspire such garden envy in me with your lovely photos!

6/18/2010 12:18 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oooh, I love sweet potato vine. I should probably plant some next to all my dark green stuff (as I noted, nothing seems to be flowering other than lilies right now).

6/18/2010 2:14 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I like to eat sweet potatoes and look at calla lillies. The lillies look so pretty in bouquets.

6/21/2010 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home