Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So sick of it...

Snow. *sigh*
For those who don't know, I live in the Mid-atlantic region, smack dab in the middle of the Washington-Baltimore-Philadelphia corridor.
Two feet of snow last Saturday.
6" the prior Saturday, 4" last Tuesday.
20" forecast for today.
December was snowy and cold.
January was very cold.
I am very tired of winter.

Breezy and I are moving to Aruba. Anyone care to join us?

Pics from 2/06/10:
View of the back yard last Saturday. You can see where the snow that had accumulated on the top right railing had fallen over (not to the right and on the ground, but to the left back onto the deck where I had to shovel it -- dang it!). By the way, I REALLY need to power wash the deck, but that has to wait until spring.
View from my bedroom window in the front of the house. You shouldn't be able to see the neighbor's house but my 10 foot tall cedar was flat on the ground, covered in snow. I cleared it off, but I am worried about its survival. This new snow is not going to help matters.
Next two: 02/07/10
Pic 1: Driveway Sunday morning before I could shovel.
Pic 2: After an hour of shoveling I was about a 1/3rd of the way done.
Please note my neighbor had already cleared his driveway with the snow blower late Saturday night. Please also note I do not have a snow blower. Yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

So when do we leave?

2/10/2010 9:54 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Looks like home to me.
Snowblowers are wonderful things when you need them!

I've had cedars lay virtually flat before. Usually if you get the snow off within a day or three they will slowly rebound by themselves & be just fine. If the whole thing or just one section still looks wonky in the spring you may have to do some remedial staking or something. I am always amazed how far the trees can bow to the ground & then just recover.

2/13/2010 11:34 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

That's crazy.
My brother wasn't aware that snow grew on trees. He's aware now.

2/13/2010 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home