Sunday, December 28, 2008

Random stuff and such

-- I might not watch CBS' Sunday Morning at all during the year, but I never miss it on the last Sunday. Love their "Hail and Farewell" segment. They don't just feature "stars" that we have lost during the year, but people who have made a contribution - perhaps the guy who invented Silly Putty or the lady who gave us the theme song for The Partridge Family. I always get weepy.


-- My new favorite thing:
http://www.keurig.com/b60.asp?mscsid=2HUV8BHJVHLR9GB4PN5PD8SCMAHS6ME7

QVC had it on special last month so I got one. Love it! So far my favorite flavors are Caribou Coffee's Daybreak Morning Blend, Green Mountain's Harvest Autumn Blend, and Heifer Hope Blend by Green Mountain. Dad likes Newman's Own Extra Bold Special Blend. The K-cups are rather pricey compared to a can of coffee, but there is no waste as I make one cup at a time. Ooooo! You can also make tea and hot chocolate. Highly recommend the Gloria Jean Pomegrante Berry tea. {rachael ray voice} YUM-O!


-- Retail Therapy: Raise your hand if you spent more money the day after Christmas than you did the entire period leading up to Christmas. *raises hand* There were a few items I saw in the Sundance Catalog that I was tempted to get. My little voice told me to wait until after the 25th. I am so glad I listened to my little voice. I got a gorgeous sweater, a gorgeous leather handbag, and three lovely glass ornaments for less than the handbag was originally. Plus I found an online coupon that gave me an additional 10% off the items. That covered the cost of shipping. *big happy shopping grin*


-- Love Actually <------ My new "must watch" during the Christmas season movie. Love it!

-- I don't go back to work until Monday the 5th. There is a list of things to do whilst on vacation, and most of them involve cleaning products and organization. Too bad I've already misplaced the list. *innocent look*

-- CNN.com had a Quick Vote poll yesterday:
Will you miss President Bush? I voted about 750 times for NO! *grin* The last time I looked it was about 80% no. My question is who are the 20% who will miss him? Seriously people...other than comedy writers and late night talk show hosts, who could possibly miss this complete disaster?

-- New Year's Eve plans? Me? Staying home and eating junk food. You?

12 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

New Year's Eve plan - dropping my son off at a show, then going home to wait for him to call when it's over and ready for me to pick him up. Yay. What fun. No, really. Fun.

12/28/2008 3:19 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Wow Arkie...you really know how to let loose. :-)

*smooch*

12/29/2008 5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar list last week. I got one dresser done, no closets. I also got only a sliver of card things done. Note to self: Never expect to do anything when you keep your son home with you on vacation.

A smarter Boo would have taken off this week and had 11 straight days off.

Spending: I spent more than planned before Christmas - even with scaling way back. The day after I bought a book and Friday Night Lights, Season 1. And some leg gel. So I spent about $70. I am also going to spend $100 next month on some needed pampering - in addition to a $100 gift card.

12/29/2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

I'm sorry I missed the Hail & Farewell - especially if they cover more than the usual Big Name folks. I am always surprised by one or two people I didn't know were gone.

I don't spend much money right after Christmas. That's what the month of January is for!

I liked that movie too.

My New Year's plans are usually pretty minimal. Nothing about crowded restaurants, bad weather and too many drunk drivers inspires me to go far from home.

12/29/2008 1:04 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

During a game of Apples to Apples (where I submitted George W. Bush as "pathetic"), my SIL & BIL proudly announced they'd vote for him again if they could.

12/29/2008 2:09 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

We're going to a party. A friend of Michelle's is having it. Truthfully I would rather be at home but she reallys wanted to go so I agreed.
Happy New Year.

12/31/2008 10:58 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Happy New Year, Yvonne

1/01/2009 4:20 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

The Keurig System is exactly what Mr. Puffy wants.

I like all the wrap ups of the year on TV. I missed the CBS Sunday Morning segment.

I don't think even the White House staff will miss Pres. Bush.

Happy 2009!

1/02/2009 9:14 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I am very interested in this keurig. hmmm.

I spent way too much money on a travel mug after Christmas. It was my splurge. I mean, it didn't like break the bank or anything but as far as travel mugs go, it seems pretty pricey. But. It has my name on it *grin* and I lost my old one long, long ago.

Happy New Year, Augie.

1/05/2009 10:32 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

14 days!!!!!!!!!

1/05/2009 10:33 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

So on Day 0, Hour 0, Minute 0 and Second 0 what does your blog do?

1/08/2009 1:28 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Swami - on Day 0, at 0:00:00 my blog will dance with joy.

I will dance with joy.

Woo Hoo!

1/10/2009 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home