Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday stuff...

-- Why do the Today Show folks talk over each other? When they are interviewing and even when they are doing the chat before and after a segment, they all talk over each other. I used to think Campbell Brown was the worst (and FTR I am very glad she has left NBC for late night CNN - I do not miss her), but I have noticed my beloved Ann Curry does it also. I hate overtalking. It's rude.

***SATURDAY UPDATE*** I'm watching the Weekend Today show, and am happy to report Lester Holt is NOT an overtalker. I really adore Lester.

-- My new mostest favorite show is Battlestar Galactica (the newer edition, not the 1978 edition, however I must confess to you all here my massive lurve for Richard Hatch -- the actor, not the slimey Survivior Borneo winner). In the course of the last month I have watched every episode of BG through season 3. The first part of season 4, which aired this past spring, is not available yet. I am not sure I can wait until it is. I am going through withdrawl. FRAK! <--- the BG curse word that I have adopted because you can say it on TV without getting bleeped. FRAK!

-- Lately is has become clearly obvious I am out of the loop. Who are LC, Audrina, Spenser, Heidi, and the like? When I remember to turn on E!News Daily I am given lengthy reports on their current doings. Who are they? Seriously, who the FRAK *grin* are they? Actors? They look like they would have been on One Tree Hill or perhaps The OC, but I never watched either of those shows so I don't know. Why are they famous? Why do people need to know what they are doing? Is this another example of the Paris Hilton Syndrome -- being famous for being famous? If so, then I wouldn't mind seeing Matt and Ann and crew overtalk them.

-- Been trying to cut down on red meat and have discovered the joy that is Morningstar Veggie Burgers, specifically the Prime Grillers. YUM! I stick those babies on my George Foreman grill and life is good.

-- Today it's going to be in the mid 90's with the humidity just as high. Summer! I love it. I need to do a huge grocery shopping excursion today, and I have added Orange Creamsicles to my list -- the ultimate summer ice cream treat.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I agree about talking over each other, and I too don't like it. And I think you are correct about Ann Curry. Also, why don't shows allow the appropriate time for interviews. It's always, "We only have "x" amount of time left. . .

I actually miss Campbell. I love Meredith, and I love the chemistry with Matt. And I love her so much better than Katie. But I think Campbell sort of got screwed there.

2. I love Richard Hatch the slimey Survivor Borneo winner. I don't know who this other Richard Hatch is.

3. Thank Cod we agree on something. I was beginning to think we were no longer going to be friends. I have no clue either. And every week when I read People or US Weekly, I am completely lost on some of these people.

4. Love those burgers. Although I nuke mine and eat them with cheese and ketchup. But the prime grillers are awesome!

5. It's an Augie kind of day!!!! It's been rather cold around here to me lately.

7/18/2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Boo! You like Campbell? *shudder* I am so glad she is gone.

Richard Hatch was Apollo on the original Battlestar Galactica, which probably aired when you were a baby. :-) I'll post a picture.

Thank COD we agree! Who are these people?

I just got back from the grocery store with a few more boxes of veggie burgers. I also got a package of the veggie hot dogs.

It is an Augie kind of day, isn't it?

7/18/2008 12:23 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I have the Morningstar "riblets" for lunch today. We must be sistahs.

7/18/2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I haven't noticed the overtalking. I'm not too observant. But I do like Ann Curry.

I remember Richard Hatch from All My Children. He was Philip, in love with Tara. Sigh.

I SO agree with you on the starlets of today. I glance at OK or US or whatever magazine I find at various places and have no clue who these people are.

May I have an orange creamsicle, please?

7/18/2008 2:13 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Maybe THAT's why I don't care for the Today show, even though Ann Curry is my hero.

Um, I know who those people are. The Hills is my guilty pleasure on weekends.

Morningstar is so much better than Boca. Boca products suck, IMHO.

I have gas.

7/18/2008 4:55 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

*high fives Puffy* Yes, he was on All My Children too! He still makes me *sigh*. Hubba hubba!

Carey, have you ever doubted we were sistahs? Please! :-)

Kim! What is The Hills? And no pooting in my blog. Where do you think you are? At Bravie's place. Sheesh!

7/18/2008 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW: I thought Sarah Silverman was a movie character. Now I find out she might be a real person?

7/20/2008 5:16 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Sarah Silverman has a show on the Comedy Channel. She has dark hair and always wears a pony tail. Saving Silverman was a movie.

7/26/2008 7:31 PM  
Blogger lights said...

I can't even remember the last time I saw the Today Show but if you think its rude I hate it too. *grin*

Dusterboy loves Battlestar Galactica too but he likes the old series. I haven't let him get hooked on the new one. I know, I'm mean.

I have no idea who any of those people are either so I'll stand outside of the loop with you.

Red meat isn't a big favourite of mine. I eat it because Dusterboy loves it but I could live without it. Give me chicken and fish and I'm a happy girl.

I've been wanting a George Forman Grill. Do you love yours? Anything I should know before buying one?

Orange Creamsicles? *gag* You can have my share. *wink*

7/27/2008 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home