Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008

Happy New Year everyone!

Good news:

-- I am the sole winner of the SBOT Yahoo Football Pickem league! Bravie came in second. We beat the boys! Girl power! *raises fist in victory*

-- My nephew is coming back from Iraq NEXT MONTH! He should be "boots on the ground" no later than February 16th. He's been there 18 months. 18 months, people. 18 months in a war zone. How on earth I survived the stress I don't know.

-- I got two new fancy purses for Christmas. For those who care, one Coach and one Dooney & Bourke. For those who don't care, move along. :-)

-- I'm going on a cruise at the end of February. YAY!

-- Lost is back at the end of the month, and Jericho is coming back in February! YIPPEE!!!

Bad news:

-- No bad news. I have my family, my health, my sweet cats, a home, food in my belly, a paycheck, money left over to buy shoes and purses (like I need more *snort*), and cable TV. I have health insurance, including dental and vision. I have yummy lush stuff to take a shower or bath with whenever I want, including hot water and clean towels. I have fabulous flannel sheets and a very comfy bed. I've got more clothes than I need, more shoes than I need, and more sparkly baubles than I need. I get paid to go on vacation, I get paid if I am sick and need off of work. I'm FINALLY seeing my 401k grow after the disaster that was WorldCom, and I am beginning to believe I can retire at an age where I still can enjoy my life. I have fabulous friends, both "real" and "virtual". I may not visit as much as before, but I still think of everyone. I've sworn off OT, but that doesn't mean I've sworn off you. I truly hope this year is the best one yet, for all of us.

*big squeezy hug*

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smooooooooooooch*

All of this is great news, Augie. Especially your nephew. YAY!!!!!

We love you and are so glad you are here.

1/06/2008 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I got a new purse too. A Liz Claiborne.

1/06/2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

*high fives boo* on the Liz Claiborne!

*smooch*

1/06/2008 9:29 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

*envies those with nice purses*

Mine has diapers and binoculars in them.

Yay for you nephew! That is the best news!

I'm hope I will see you on the Lost and Jericho boards though!
Happy New Year!

1/06/2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Yay!!!! So glad he's finally coming home. *smooch*

1/06/2008 6:31 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I bet there will be a lot of celebrating when your nephew gets home. *BIG HUGS*

Happy New Year Augie!!!!

1/06/2008 7:32 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Awwww, what a nice, uplifting post! I'm so happy for your good news. I'm glad that you'll still be around blogland. Happy New Year!

Tell us more about the cruise!

1/06/2008 8:48 PM  
Blogger mtw said...

*squeezy hugs* all around!

I have no interest in purses, so I just moved along, but I'm happy to read your updates and know life is going well and that you have so many things you can appreciate in life.

*smoochy smooches* :)

1/07/2008 1:11 AM  
Blogger MM said...

Well you had me at "fancy purses...", lol!

Great news, Augie! I'm very happy about your nephew coming home. :):)

1/07/2008 2:30 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yay for so much good news. *big smooches*

1/07/2008 10:34 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Hi everyone! *smooches* and *hugs* all around!

1/07/2008 5:21 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

{{{HUG}}} That's great news!

1/08/2008 8:12 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

YAY!!! An update!

Happy New Year! Such good news about the nephew! ...and everything else!

1/08/2008 8:51 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Morning ladies!

and gentleman!

1/10/2008 8:30 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yay Augie nephew! What great news.

Happy New Year, Yvonne. :)

1/11/2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger Asrai said...

Pops in to @twirl@ Augie!!!

I'm loving your list....great "good news" and even better "bad news" if that comes out sounding right!!

1/18/2008 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home