Thursday, June 28, 2007

To answer Glow's cat poop question--

I googled "cat poop in compost/as fertilizer" and this is what I found:

A tremendously bad idea. Domestic animal feces contain a lot of organisms and parasites that can be harmful to humans -- think the bevy of worms that you vaccinate your dog/cats for alone. Specifically with cat feces, there's always a chance of Toxoplasmosis, which can cause birth defects in pregnant women. And this can be transferred if you put it on grass, use it in flower or vegetable gardens or consume the produce of said gardens.In fact, cat feces should be flushed, or disposed of in a tied up plastic bag, away from possible human contact. You really don't want it hanging around even in the litter box.

So now I am officially grossed out by both my flower garden and the cats' litter box.

ICK!

8 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Well then stop eating the poop out of the litter box, Augie. It seems quite simple to me. *shaes head*

6/28/2007 6:25 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*shudder* The very worst are the runny ones.
*shudders some more*

6/28/2007 7:45 PM  
Blogger momma said...

I knew that it could be harmful to pregnant women, but never really thought about the rest. Blech.

6/29/2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Jeez. I expect a post like this in my blog. Not the sweet smelling pretty blog of Augies.

Catt Poop shake anyone?

6/29/2007 9:59 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

It's Glow's fault, zombie. *grin*

6/29/2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

I am so happy that my cat litter box cleanings are all delegated to people who aren't me.

6/29/2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

nasty, nookie. i feel queasy now.

6/29/2007 9:06 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

OMG! That's terrible. yikesy.

Your gross blog is not my fault. *glare*

7/01/2007 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home