Saturday, March 31, 2007

Odd commercials

There seem to be a bunch of commercials lately that make me go "huh?"...

1) The Kleenex "Let if Out" one where the guy has a couch and speaks to people about stuff that makes them cry:

Woman talking about her wedding and she says she is trying not to cry as she walks down the aisle so she says to herself "dead puppies, dead puppies". I don't know about you, but the thought of dead puppies is going to pretty much make me cry everytime, not prevent me from crying. And in light of the recent pet food disaster, this commerical is in really poor taste. Kleenex should pull it.

2) The Gap's boyfriend trouser:

Is that Claire Danes? Dancing in her underwear? With white as snow thighs for all to see? I'm not saying Claire (or whoever that is) is fat, but the girl should have sprayed on some fake tan before the shoot. And speaking of Claire, when I do see her (and I am able to get past her white thighs) I think of her and Billy Crudup hooking up while Billy's girlfriend was like 7 months pregnant. Ewwww. You couldn't have waited two months for the woman to give birth? Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I am calling Claire fat.

3) Orville Redenbacher popcorn:

Orville did oodles and oodles of commericals before he died. There must be tons of Orville footage the company could use for a new ad campaign, yet they have this very creepy looking Orville imposter "pretending" to goof up the commerical shoots. And the goofs aren't even funny. I do not get this new speil at all. The Redenbacher company needs to fire their marketing people.

4) Geico cavemen:

Hate them. Hate them. Hate them. Hate them all.

That is all for now. I am planning on taking daffodil pictures this weekend, so check back soon for some pics.

15 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I've never seen the Kleenex commercial.
We were discussing whether or not that was Claire Danes. It certainly looks like her but wouldn't she be older?
Billy Crudup is uber cute to me. I do wish he hadn't left his pregnant GF though. Although, she is doing very well without him. And she is cuter than Claire.
Oddly enough, I have kind of grown to like the Cavemen. I'm not sure why. I would like to see what the actors look like without the makeup.
The newest weird commercials are the Jeep ones. In one, a woman makes a boat full of guys tip and then next she is driving her Jeep. With a boat on top. Did she steal their boat? Did she know them prior to stealing their boat? I don't get it.
A daffodil is a flower, right? *grin*

3/31/2007 9:56 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

The Kleenex commercials are strange. I like a Capital One credit card commercial. A girl is kissing a frog; it turns into a rat; it turns into a monkey; it turns into other animals after each kiss.

3/31/2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I googled "gap boyfriend trousers claire danes" and yes it is Claire Danes in the commerical. The guy she is dancing with is Patrick Wilson, who seems to do mostly broadway and B films.

If I'm not mistaken, he is the son of John Wilson, who is the long time anchor of the Fox affliate in Tampa. Hmm, this is about the third reference today I've made to Tampa, or wanted to make about Tampa.

3/31/2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Puffy, I like that Capital One commercial too. She gets to the minatuar (I think that's what it's called) and she gives up. He says but you only have one more kiss.

I would have stopped at the rat.

3/31/2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger momma said...

I obviously do not watch enough television. The only one I've seen is the Gap boyfriend trouser and never paid enough attention to see that it was Claire Danes. Hell, I don't even think I know who she is .....

I have daffodils. Sort of. There are no flowers yet, but the plants are there and getting big.

4/01/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger lights said...

I cringe every time the Scrubbing Bubbles commercial is on. Work related trauma from spending days and days trying to secure a friggin MSDS sheet for bathroom cleaner. Dave thinks it's funny to point it out that the commercial is on - like I might have missed it or something. *rolls eyes*

The daffodils in my flower bed have actually poked through the ground! In March! Definately not normal.

4/01/2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I thought the Orville Redenbacher people had stuffed and automated the old guy. He sure looks creepy!

I love the cavemen! I think I dated one of them in college, lol.

I still love the Celebrity Spokesperson commercial with Little Richard. It's hysterical. Mashed potatoes and gravy! Woooooo-oo-oo!

4/02/2007 10:03 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Claire Danes? Sounds familiar but I'm not sure what she was in.

4/02/2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Claire Danes!!!! My So Called Life. Romeo+Juliet. Shopgirl. Stage Beauty. totally under-rated, she is.

I love my DVR. I have only seen the Gap commercial and that's cause I saw Claire so I stopped to watch it.

4/02/2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Mary Louise Parker is who Billy dumped for Claire. Then Claire dumped him. Karma.

She's under 30, Care.

4/02/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Never saw any of those.

4/02/2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I like Claire Danes. I thought perhaps the guy in the commercial was her BF. Guess not.

I hear they are going to make a Caveman movie. That's what DH told me.

4/02/2007 8:03 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I didn't realize she was that young. And I love MLP. Her speech when she won her Emmy (or whatever award) was great. And I think it was right after Billy dumped her.
Or I'm buzzed and have no clue what I'm talking about.

4/02/2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Kleenex - not had the pleasure yet. And I agree that dead puppies would make me cry.

The gap commercial - well I don't hate it but find it mildy irratings.

Orville made me cringe when he was alive. A dead Orville just wrong.

I like some of the Cavemen but hate the one in the psychologist office.

ITA with Swami on the Little Richard insurance commercial. Something is apealing to me about the girl and I always wonder if they filmed their parts separately because I couldn't keep a straight face looking at Little Richard much less hearing him. I always expect her to crack up laughing.

4/03/2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

They're supposed to be getting their own TV show I think, Nookie.

4/03/2007 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home