Friday, March 23, 2007

Further proof...

that winter hates me.

I did not get sick at all this winter. Not one sniffle, not one cough, not one reason to take Nyquil, Contact, Robittussin, etc. Not once. I went through the most stressful thing that can happen to a person this winter--the death of a parent--and yet I did not get sick.

What happens to me on the first day of Spring?

I get some weird odd stomach bug. It hit me Wednesday afternoon and I was out until this morning.

Sheesh! The only good thing is it seems to be a 24 hour hour, but boy are those 24 hours dreadful.

I hate winter. And spring isn't exactly on my good side at the moment.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Poor, poor Augie. *smooches*
I hope you didn't pass it on to your Dad. You didn't, did you?
I also hope you didn't pass it on to the gnome. He's had a rough winter too.

3/24/2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger lights said...

*smoooches Augie* Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you're back to normal now. I had a three day flu a couple weeks ago that was pretty miserable too. Like you, I had not been sick all winter and then BAM!

We had a freak snowstorm today too. The lawns were almost free of snow yesterday and then today there were ginormous flakes falling outta the sky! The ground is completely covered again! *pout*

I'm so done with winter.

3/24/2007 9:25 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

icky. *smooch*

3/25/2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I'm glad you're feeling better so quickly!

*knocks on wood* I've been flu & cold free all winter too!

3/26/2007 1:00 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Auige you make my world all springtime fresh.

3/26/2007 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Augie! Lots of gentle smooches. If I lived a little closer I would bring you some chicken soup.

I hope you are feeling better today. It's gonna be in the 80s. Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

3/27/2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Bummer! That always happens to me, too. I don't get a cold all winter, then in the spring/summer, BLAMO! Usually May. Great.

3/27/2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I hope you're all better by now, out there working in your garden.

3/27/2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Opening day is soon and that means the repose of summer days is very, very close behind it.

3/28/2007 7:24 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Are you feeling better?

3/28/2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Um, I notice you haven't discussed any of the new creamer flavors. I've tried many and want you to discuss them with me.

3/30/2007 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home