Thursday, November 09, 2006

Love, Pain & and the whole crazy thing

That is the somewhat interesting title of Keith's new CD. Personally I think it could be have been named better, but considering his current situation (a rehab stint at--supposedly--the Betty Ford Clinic) it fits him and his life, so that's all that really matters, right?

I got up early on Tuesday morning and bought the album (CD? I'm old. I still refer to a collection of songs as an "album") on iTunes. I have listened to it many times since then. It sometimes takes me a while to warm up to a new offering from an artist, especially if their last was as terrific as Keith's have been (Be Here, which followed Golden Road, which came after his self-titled CD/album). Yesterday I then went to Target and bought the CD, because I love to have it in my hands, I love to read the lyrics, I love to read the artist's dedications and thoughts.

Well, to no one's surprise, I love it! LOVE.IT. I don't love all 14 songs, and there are a few that I find myself fast forwarding through (but I do this with every CD/album I own), but I highly recommend it.

Right now my favs are:

Once in a lifetime (his current single and terrific video)
Shine
Stupid Boy
Fast Car
Everybody
Got it right this time

I'm trying to figure out which song will be the next single release, and I can't figure it out. It'll be intersting to see which one they choose. Have never been correct yet.

And? His dedication to his *pout* wife in the liner notes is sweet. Oh, to have a man say that about me. *sigh*

9 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them. *grin*

I'll have to listen to it on Rhapsody today.

11/09/2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yay for Augie and her happiness over Keith. *smooch*

11/09/2006 8:32 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Just cross out the "wife" and write in "gf Augie". :-)

*smooch*

11/09/2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I know what you mean about having it in your hands. Totally. Yep.

Is Fast Car a cover of Tracy Chapman's?

I say "album" too, btw.

11/09/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

Thanks for the review!*smooch*
I still say album, too.

11/09/2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

*waves to everybody*

Glow, that is supposed to be "Faster Car". Oops. *grin* Keith wrote it. But I do like Tracy Chapman's Fast Car.

11/09/2006 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at Nookie.

I say album too.

11/10/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Sometimes I still call them records.

11/10/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

So glad your enjoying the new album. I know what you mean by needing to warm up to some new songs.


...and don't worry, one day Keith will see the error of his ways and dump Nicole for you! *grin*

11/10/2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home