Friday, July 21, 2006

Psyche!

I bet you thought I was done with posting lame flower pics! HA! You were wrong!

From left to right: Petunias (NOT pansies *rolls eyes at self*), White Allyisum, and some blue/purple flowers I got at Home Depot but can't remember the name, then more petunias (*waves to Swami*). Behind them is fountain grass. This is along the south side of the house.

edited to add the name of the flower I got at Home Depot but couldn't remember it's name. Went to Home Depot yesterday and scoped them out...the blue/purple flower is angelonia.


I'm experimenting with color combos and I like the red/orange/peach mix here. Left to right is Verbena, the little peach guy is portulaca, petunias, and more Verbena in the lower right corner. Behind them is a portulaca-type plant that has these really cool red/peach mix flowers. I'll try to get a picture when it's in bloom...it's too cool.


Obligatory cat picture: I'm sitting at the computer, eating a snack, and I feel movement behind me. Sam and Big Fat Harry had silently creeped up behind me, hoping I'd share my snack. Can't remember what I was eating but I'm sure I shared it. *grin*

16 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

I love your flower pics! I would love to have those in my yard, but I don't have a green thumb.

Are you sure the cats were just hoping to share your snack? They look like they were plotting something quite dire! :)

7/21/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Arkie!!!!! *smooch*

You don't need a green thumb. Just go to Home Depot, buy a bunch of flowers, plop them in the ground, and remember to water once in a while.

Yeah, I think they might have been planning a takeover, but it's easy to distract them with food.

7/21/2006 7:47 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

Well, I think I'm going to plant some canna's (I think that's the right name and spelling), but I have to figure out if the side of the house I want them on gets enough sun.

7/21/2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I love Big Fat Harry. I love Sam too but Big Fat Harry just has a place in my heart. *grin*

7/21/2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Those are sure some strange looking pansies in the top photo.

Which cat is which? Is Sam the black & white one? I can't remember. I love the name Big Fat Harry!

7/21/2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Swami! LOL... I just realized I called the petunias "pansies" and was coming to edit, but thought I better check the comments to see if anyone caught my boo boo. :-)

Yes, Sam is the black and white one. Big Fat Harry is the big fat tabby.

I need to get a picture of Big Fat Harry sitting alone. He looks like a bowling ball with a head. *snort*

7/22/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

Sam is obviously an alien in disguise, and Bib Fat Harry must be his minion. No wonder you shared.

And the flowers are beautiful.

7/22/2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I love the flowers. Keep 'em coming.

WTF happened to Nakomis. I thought she had 5 votes then 8 -2.

7/22/2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

love the flowers, Augie. I hope to see them at some point. And the kitties! *kitty smooches*

7/22/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Okay, we close on our house on July 31st. When can I expect you to arrive to begin landscaping?

Seriously, I love your flower pics. They're so cheerful! :-)

7/22/2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Seana said...

What pretty flowers.

And I agree with arkie: the cats look evil in that picture.

*shudder*

7/22/2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Verbena! I lurve me some verbena.

Beautiful garden love!

(p.s. You? are on my list.)

7/23/2006 12:13 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Sam and BFH look really, really intent on getting some of whatever that snack was!

7/23/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Augie flowers!!! Yay!!!!

7/23/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your garden is beautiful!

7/25/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Very purdy cats. Even purdier flowers.

7/25/2006 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home