Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday stuff...

The McDonald's LPGA Championship is being held this weekend at the golf course next to us. The golf course is Bulle Rock (pronounced "Bully") and if I walked straight from the back yard east for 5 minutes I could be rubbing elbows with the golf elite. By "golf elite" I mean their security guards because I'm pretty sure a person just can't stroll onto the golf course. Anywho, here is a picture of the Metlife Blimp that is hovering over the skies.


Pink callas I planted last fall. When they started to come up I couldn't remember what the heck I planted so I was pleasantly surprised when they fully emerged. They are only about 6 inches tall, so I am going to plant tons more this year. I only planted three so I want lots more. Love them. I also have taller white callas but no pictures because there was a big ole spider web with an equally big ole spider hanging over the callas so I didn't take a picture. I mean the spider could have jumped into my hair or something equally horrifying. *shudder* We had a massive thunderstorm last night so I'm hoping the spider and it's web are gone. Stay tuned.

The planter in the corner of the deck. I'm hoping the geranium gets taller because I love the bright hot color. The white petunia is just going crazy. Aren't petunias such happy flowers? I just added the tiny purple petunia so I'm really looking forward to it getting more intertwined with the white one.

I've had a headache for four days now. It was so bad on Wednesday I stayed home from work. Still feel kinda shaky, but I think today will be a good day. I'm off, the sun is shining and I've got three days to relax.

My iPOD has been on shuffle since our trip to Georgia and I haven't gotten to the last song yet. I'm on song #670 of 915--Baby Girl by Sugarland. If my daily commute was longer than 6 miles I'd probably be through the list by now, but I only average about 3 or 4 songs per ride. And I've been fastforwarding through the Christmas songs so I'm sure I'd only be about half way through by now. There is just something off about hearing a Christmas tune in June. Or maybe I just don't want to hurry through the warm weather. I love summer. I love my iPOD! I love being off!

Happy Friday everyone!

13 Comments:

Blogger Glowie said...

Honey Bunch! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink callas. Your geraniums and petunias have inspired me. I'm going to do my planter just like that. I have some petunias left over from my window boxes and I am going to buy geraniums today. *big copycat grin*

Oh. And I'm pretty sure when I tell Shawn you live that close to a golf course, he will gladly drive me there for a daytrip. :-)

6/09/2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

beeyooteefull!

Enjoy your long weekend!

6/09/2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Beautiful pictures, sistah Augie.

My Mom one time snuck onto the golf course at the ProAm at Pebble Beach. She figured they wouldn't arrest a little old lady. *grin*

Have a great weekend. *saaamoooooch*

6/09/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Augie!! *smooooooooooch* Glad that you get to be at home while recovering from your headache.

Love those pink callas flowers. I have petunias in my garden. Question: Am I supposed to dead-head them? I would go out every day and pick off the ones that looked blech but then I noticed that if I missed a few days of doing that, they really bloomed. So, I wasn't sure if I should be dead-heading them or not.

6/09/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Oh, you should take the Xmas stuff off your Ipod for now. You can't be listening to Xmas songs in June!

6/09/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Oh, you should take the Xmas stuff off your Ipod for now. You can't be listening to Xmas songs in June!

6/09/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

New flower pics. I like them!

Temple rub for the headache.

6/09/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I need to take some yard pictures. Phil and I ripped out the nasty infested bush in front of the house... I spent Tuesday trying to make that area look nice again.

6/09/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

I think you should sneak onto the course. Or at least set up your lawnchair on your property line and watch. Tom wants to retire to a golf course-edge property of some kind. Maybe.

I love Calla Lilies! They are annuals around here. You can dig and store the tubers but I hate doing that.

All I have in bloom now are daylillies, indigo, peonies and impatiens. Oh! And an alstromeria (however you spell it.) Sometimes called the Peruvian Daffodil. That is Zone 5 hardy (I'm Zone 4) but I planted it over the septic tank and I'm hoping with a bit of cover that will do the trick. I am very impressed with how long the plant has been vibrantly blooming - well over a month now.

6/09/2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

OOooh, pretty callas! I planted some this spring. Don't know if they'll pop or not.

I think you should attempt to camoflage yourself with that fake green outdoor carpet and low-crawl onto the golf course.

6/09/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Enjoy your day off, Augie! I've have a bitch of a headache, too. I sympathize.

Purty flowers!

*smooch*

6/09/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Where's my flower? How come you gave Carey a flower and not me?

6/09/2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

I filled a deck bowl with pansies this year and they are going crazy. I love their little flower faces.

6/10/2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home