Sunday, September 25, 2005

Mousey


My Dad's cat, Mousey. She got her name because she squeaks like a mouse. This cat has a ton of personality, yet is the most laid back cat we've ever had. She will lay in the middle of the kitchen floor and not move a muscle as we bring in the groceries. We have to step over her, around her, past her, and she doesn't even open an eye. The sound of the grocery bags crinkling and crackling sends most cats running. Not Mousey. She is too cool to be bothered.

Oh. She has also tried to kill me three times. Each time has been on the steps leading to the basement. She gets right under my feet as I go down the stairs. I think she thinks we are racing. One time I almost did lose my balance. Somehow I managed to grab onto the handrail before I fell. I made such a racket that my Dad came running. When I told him what happened, his only response was "Did you hurt Mousey?".

Hrmph. At least I know my place.

13 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

I don't think she thinks y'all are racing. I think it's deliberate. Years ago, my mom had a cat that tried to trip me all the time when I was pregnant.

9/25/2005 3:03 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Awww! I love cats. Especially cool cats, like Mousey. She's so pretty!

9/25/2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Augie you are in my top 3 blogs too!

That kitty is soooo cute. I am laughing at the image of Mousey checking her list of ways to kill you and crossing them off after they fail.

9/25/2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

Very beautiful, Augie.

Do you mind if I come back and get a few tips from you. Say, how to get assassinated by an animal with a brain the size of a walnut?

(Okay, I admit: Bridget just about killed me when I was carrying in groceries today)

9/25/2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Mousey is beautiful. We had a cat that looked very much like that when I was growing up. His name was Binky. My mom thought she was naming him after a Pacman ghost thingy. She thought 'Binky' was cute. (The game's ghost's name was Blinky.)

9/25/2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Kittysmooch to Mousey.
She does it on purpose. Mine like to do it first thing in the morning when I'm going downstairs to make the coffee.

9/25/2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*evil giggle* Good girl Mousey. *grin*

9/26/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Apparently the spammers like Mousey.

9/26/2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Mousey's a sweetie. My Papoosie loves to also sit in the middle of the kitchen. So he's always behind me while I'm cooking dinner or doing something at the sink.

9/26/2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Ok, I must point out that by saying Mousie's a sweetie, I meant she looks beautiful and not a sweetie because she tries to trip you up on the stairs :-)

9/26/2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

She is indeed a sweet cat, except for that whole "kill the lady" thing she has going on. She will also greet me in the yard when I get home from work. As soon as she sees my car pull into the driveway she comes running right up.

So adorable. So dangerous.

9/26/2005 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks very lonely. Perhaps a vist from Gus could lift her spirits.

9/26/2005 9:45 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

*scritch*

Mousey-mouse is a cutie!

9/27/2005 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home