Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Crossroads

CMT's Crossroads is one of my favorite shows. They pair current country music artists with artists of other genres. The shows are usually spectacular. Dolly Parton and Melissa Etheridge. Wynonna and Heart. Hank Williams Jr. and Kid Rock. Martina McBride and Pat Benatar. The newest Crossroads episode is Bon Jovi/Sugarland. It's awesome. Completely awesome.

Sugarland is total country. Lead singer Jennifer Nettles has an honest to Gawd, certified Grade A country twang. Ain't no mistaken this girl is from the country. Bon Jovi is, well, Jersey rock at it's finest. And it works. They sound great together. It has become my favorite Crossroads episode. Yes, it even surpassed the Keith Urban/John Fogerty one. My new favorite song is the last one of the episode .... "Who Says You Can't Go Home". Awesome song. Awesome.

Oh, and Richie Sambora ain't hard to look at either. That Heather Locklear is one lucky girl. He's hot. Oh yeah.

So do yourself a favor and watch it. The CMT linky over there --> will give you the info. Click it. Now. You'll thank me for it. Really you will.

I'll wait.

13 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

I have seen this. I really liked the Dolly Parton one. She is one of the best song writers. That one was great.

I actually like country music. Old back to yer roots country. Bluegrass and blues all good with me!

9/27/2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I saw the commercial for this one. I have seen alot of the others and loved them. The Dolly/Melissa was my favorite (of course). I will be looking for this one and hoping that Michelle won't be home when it's on.

9/27/2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I watched that the other night. It was quite good. But did you see the Gretchen Wilson show afterwords? She is soooo coool.

9/27/2005 10:52 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

YOu know how you can program the remote control so it skips right over channels?

Well, I did that to CMT and I am hoping Jim never notices.

9/27/2005 11:07 PM  
Blogger mm said...

I haven't watched CMT since I was a teenager going through puppy love. It was ruined for me after that, now country makes me cry. :(

Although I did download the Alison Krauss song...When You Say Nothing At All...I like that song. Oh, and Tim McGraw is HOT!

9/28/2005 2:26 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

oooh. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up, Augie.

FTR, I miss you terribly. Stupid work.

9/28/2005 8:21 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I've seen a couple of those. Very fun.

9/28/2005 8:23 AM  
Blogger momma said...

I love Sugarland. They put on a good show too :)

I'll have to check out Crossroads.

9/28/2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

Sugarland who?

All I want to see is Jon Bon Jovi wearing an old pair of jeans.

9/28/2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I think I'll pass. I try to avoid intentionally making my ears bleed whenever possible. Thanks anyway though. :)

9/28/2005 1:21 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

I SAID:

YOu know how you can program the remote control so it skips right over channels?

Well, I did that to CMT and I am hoping Jim never notices.

9/28/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

Hmm..I think I have a new Gerard Genette-avoidance strategy:

Follow Monsty around and say 'As-tu dit réferentiel?'

9/28/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I am with you Auggie!
I don't watch CMT very often, but have always enjoyed "Crossroads"
I think my Favorite is Dolly/Melissa, I've seen it twice.

Melissa singing Jolene is a must see!
And Dolly has the loveliest voice, I just love her.
Hubby is a huge Hank Jr. and Kid Rock fan, so that is his favorite.
Another great one, if they rerun it, is DixieChicks/James Taylor.

In my mind I'm going to Carolina...

Beautiful! I promise it's worth the time.

I will be looking for the Bon Jovi one. Those boys are hot AND talented!

10/02/2005 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home