Thursday, August 04, 2005

Saying goodbye


Miss Kitty and I said goodbye yesterday at the vet's office. As far as places go where a cat is to take her last breath, it wasn't my first choice, and I know it wasn't Kitty's first choice, but it is where it had to be. She was very brave and serene and calm. I was weepy and sad and resigned.

I told her I was honored to have been her People Mom, and I was so happy she had adopted me. She looked at me with those big eyes and I am pretty sure she said "ditto". And then we said goodbye.

She is resting in the back yard, near the deck, along the liriope plants. She will get the morning sun, then the afternoon shade. In the spring she'll be near tulips and daffodils. And for the rest of my days she will be in my heart.

Sleep well, sweet girl.

13 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

RIP Miss Kitty.
*smooch*
I love you *wipes tear*

8/04/2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hand me a tissue, Carey.
I'm so sorry Augie. It's obvious how much you loved Miss Kitty.

*smooch*

8/04/2005 9:55 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Miss Kitty is beautiful and so are you.

*big hug*

8/05/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

*hugs*

Augie Angel, it is obvious how much you loved her. I'm sure she said, "ditto" too. You were both very lucky to have that time together. That last paragraph made me cry. Not tear up, cry. I love you, sweetie. You are a truly wonderful person.

RIP Miss Kitty.

8/05/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger Dweeze said...

My condolences, Augie.

8/05/2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*hugs* to Augie

8/05/2005 1:26 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*smooch*

RIP Miss Kitty

8/05/2005 1:39 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your kind words and sympathy. Kitty was a sweet little girl, and I do miss her.

8/05/2005 3:37 PM  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

((hugs)) and *smooches* Augie. RIP Miss Kitty.

8/05/2005 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've managed to make me cry. I don't do tears well, you know. But you've reminded me of my Jodi (a calico too, but black with white and orange patches) who has been gone a long time and who was also 18. Seven years ago and she still commands my heart.

8/06/2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger gothmog said...

I'm so sorry, Augie. What a nice tribute.

8/07/2005 4:30 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

RIP Miss Kitty. I'm sure you're up there playing around with my own beloved Kitty and Gris Gris and all of our wonderful pets who have passed away. I know you were so loved by your mommy.

*BIG BIG HUGS* for you Yvonne.

8/08/2005 10:57 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Goodbye, Miss Kitty.
{{Hugs}} for Augustgirl.

8/11/2005 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home