Saturday, August 20, 2005

Random Rants and Raves

Turn signals, people. Use the damn turn signals.

Punctuation is good stuff. Commas are our friends. I fear for the future of our country if the young people of today are so freaking lazy they don't want to capitalize or use proper punctuation. It makes them look lazy or stupid. Or both. Whatever it is--laziness or stupidity--it has me worried.

I hate gum. I hate when people chew gum like cows chewing their cud. I'm appalled when I go to the store and the cashier is standing there chomping and cracking and popping gum as s/he is waiting on me. Where did manners go? I blame MTV.

Someone is trying to outbid me on eBay. Does this person (with a paltry 48 feedbacks, pffffft) know who they are messing with? I think not. I will win this item JUST BECAUSE I am getting outbid. I will win. No doubt about it. I'll freaking bid more than I want to because now I'm on a mission to win. Not one of my finer personality traits, but I hate to lose.

Fireflies are magical. I find it hard to doubt that there is a God when I see the summer night lit up by thousands and thousands of fireflies.

Crickets are cool. More specifically, the sound of crickets is cool. Nothing is more relaxing to me than falling asleep to the sound of crickets chirping outside the window.

I hate my hair. It's too brunette, too straight, too thin, too fast growing. I just did a self-trimming of my bangs. Never a good thing to do, but I can't take the hair hanging in my eyes. So I risk a bad bang job to save my sanity. Besides, in two weeks the bangs will be in my eyes again. *sigh*

I love my arms. Lean and muscular, with no "bat wing" wavy thing going on. Almost makes up for my pathetic hair. Almost.

There is nothing to eat, and I'm hungry. And I'm too lazy to prepare something that will take more than 5 minutes, and I'm too lazy to go out and get something. Man, I am really annoying myself today. I hate when that happens.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* your a gufe yu crak me up
i luv firflys michelle saw them for the furst tyme a cuple of yeers ago when we went to alabama
i chew gum but i think i keep my mouth shut when i do
im gunna keep outbidding you on ebay im gonna wait until there are too minutz left and then put if the final bid im on my way to beay to look up your name so i can outbid you
you are not bothering me today
*grin*

8/20/2005 8:58 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Carey -- Your post has violated the guidelines. If you continue to post in this manner you will be reported to the owner of this site and your account will be deactivated.

Please read the guidelines here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764553224/103-2637547-8494266?v=glance

and refrain from posting until you graduate from Elementary School. Or until your Mommy gives you permission to be on the internet.

*giggle*

8/21/2005 7:41 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*sticks out tongue*
Our greenpeep is out of town.

8/21/2005 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like gum. And when I'm by myself, I blow a bubble and then try to make as many pops as I can from that one bubble. But I do hate cashiers who chew gum.

My child won't take a nap. I put him down an hour ago, and I've gone in and cuddled three times. It's his father's fault. He kept us out too late last night.

Now I'm going to have some gum.

8/21/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*squint* Wow! You are old. *giggle*

8/21/2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

This made me giggle. *smooch* You never annoy me, ftr.

8/22/2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*giggle*

Guess I missed a bunch of fun this weekend, huh?

8/22/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

*cracks gum*

8/22/2005 1:30 PM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I saw a firefly when I was in Michigan. First, it was an inch in front of my windshield, then there was a glowing smear from the bottom to the top of the windshield. It was quite magical.

8/22/2005 5:22 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Crickets are cool? ACK! I'm sooooooo afraid of crickets. EEK!

My hair is growing way too fast also. My roots are showing and it already needs a cut.

*smooch*

8/23/2005 4:07 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Leaving the turn signal on for miles bugs me more than not using it. Damn blinkies is what I call them.

(Are you EVER going to send me a red flag again?)

8/24/2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

I am very very with you on the turn signals, the punctuation, and the gum.

Also, if I see one more gut sticking out over low-rise pants, I will not be responsible for my actions.

8/29/2005 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home