Saturday, August 13, 2005

Another stolen idea

Since I obviously have no original thoughts, I'm stealing more stuff:

1. What is your first name?

Yvonne

2. Were you named after anyone?

Yep. My dad had a mad crush on Yvonne DeCarlo. He thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

3. Do you wish on stars?

Nope, but I sure do enjoy sitting outside at night and gazing at them. Especially during the summer when the fire flies are in full force. Magical.

4. When did you last cry?

Last Saturday at a family reunion. I was talking to my Aunt about my cousin (her son) who died in July at the age of 41, and we both lost it. He had just gotten married last September and had so much to look forward to. Last year at the reunion we were all so happy because we thought he had finally beat the cancer, but it came back right after the wedding. Cancer sucks.

5. Do you like your handwriting?

No.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat?

I guess ham. When I was in grade school (not sure which grade) I was obsessed with Lebanon balogna. Had it every day. Then I switched and had cream cheese and jelly sandwhiches *waves to Monsty* for most of my grade school career.

7. What is your most embarrassing CD?

Love songs - the Carpenters. I'm not so much embarrassed by it, it's just not "cool". But then again, I'm not cool either.

8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

I think so.

9. Do you have a journal?

Define "journal".

10. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

*rolls eyes*

11. What are your nicknames?

Augie. Auggie. Augie Pie. Augster. Auggie Von Doggie (RollDdice's name for me). Y. Aunt Y. Vonnie. Bonnie. Mrs. Keith Urban (just checking to see if anyone was paying attention)

12. Would you bungee jump?

Only if I were on the Amazing Race.

13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Always

14. Do you think that you are strong?

Yes

15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Chocoloate

16. Shoe Size?

8 or 8.5 depending on the type of shoe

17. Red or pink?

Both. I wear lots of red and pink.

18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?

Where do I begin? I procrastinate. I'll list more later. Maybe

19. Who do you miss most?

From the dearly departed, my Grandmother Mary.
From those who are still among us, my Tampa friends--Lydia, Jon, Nora, Kevin, Carol

20. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back?

N/A

21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?

Black flip flops, and my blue striped Old Navy pajama bottoms

22. What are you listening to right now?

Keith Urban -- Making Memories of Us (anyone surprised?)

23. Last thing you ate?

Ham sandwich and salt & vinegar chips

24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Periwinkle

25. What is the weather like right now?

Hazy, Hot, Humid

26. Last person you talked to on the phone?

Co-worker Joe

27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?

I guess their smile and eyes.

28. Do you like the person who sent this to you?

I like the person I stole this from.

29. Favorite Drink?

Coffee, Coke, water

30. Favorite Sport?

To watch: Pro Football, College Football and Basketball, Baseball (but I'm in mourning over the Orioles' decline, and Raffy's steroid use)

To play: Bowling (is that a sport?), volleyball, softball

31. Hair Color?

Brown with way too much grey

32. Eye Color?

Hazel

33. Do you wear contacts?

I have contacts, but I don't usually wear them.

34. Favorite Food?

Wow. How to answer? I guess any food that I haven't had to prepare.

35. Last Movie You Watched?

Serendipity

36. Favorite Day Of The Year?

First day of summer

37. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?

Happy endings.

38. Summer or Winter?

Summer!

39. Hugs or Kisses?

Both.

40. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?

Cheesecake

41. Who Is Most Likely To do this Meme?

Me

42. Who Is Least Likely To do this Meme and comment?

Me

43. What Books Are You Reading?

I just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I have Janet Evanovich's Eleven on Top, and Sue Grafton's R is for Ricochet, to read.

44. What's On Your Mouse Pad?

No mouse pad

45. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?

Big Brother

46. Favorite Smells?

Fresh cut grass, coffee, lilacs, pine, cinnamon, the smell of a fireplace on a crisp autumn evening

47. Favorite Sounds?

my cats' purring, the waves on a beach, a soft breeze on a summer evening, Christmas music

48. Rolling Stones or Beatles?

Beatles

49. What's the furthest you've been from home?

Germany

50. Do you have a special talent?

I blend into a crowd.

51. What is your ring tone?

My rings have no tone. I am the only person in America who does not have a cell phone.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

*waves to Vonnie*

#18 made me snort.

8/14/2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

*waves back*

8/14/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

well, now that it is out in the open, I am not a big fan of your handwriting either. It is too cursive. (But I do enjoy getting letters and notes from you.)

8/14/2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Too cursive? As in I should print in pencil from now on?

Augie <--- wishes her body was cursive

8/14/2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* you two crack me up. FTR, Vonnie? I love your writing and would never ever criticize (how the hell do you spell it. I've written it four different ways and none looked right) anyhow, I would enver say anything bad about it.

Bravie<---has cursive in all thw rong places.

8/14/2005 8:23 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Is the Carpenters embarrassing? See? I am not embarrassed by this. I guess I am cool enough that I can have some "uncool" music. *grin*

*smooch*

8/15/2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

It's just cool in the circle of friends that you keep, Glo.

8/15/2005 8:40 AM  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

Augie-I can give you some extra body cursive if you'd like. Or just show you my handwriting.

What is the periwinkle trend? I am feeling left out. But isn't periwinkle kinda like Carolina blue, which I must dislike on principle?

8/15/2005 11:14 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I guess you, Glowie and I are way too cool as we all have the Carpenters *grin*

I like the nickname "Vonnie". Can I call you that? I always wanted to be named Veronica and have the nickname "Ronnie"

8/16/2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Nookie, yes you can call me Vonnie. But only you. *looks at Bravie*

My family all calls me Vonnie or Bonnie. My dad will call me Lizzie sometimes .... my middle name is Elizabeth.

Iggy ..... Periwinkle is NOT Carolina blue. No way, no how! Not even close. I must insist you stop this Periwinkle bashing immediately. Thank you, and have a nice day.

8/16/2005 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home