Thursday, July 28, 2005

Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty is sick. She is at the vet's and has been there since Tuesday morning. Lost weight, stopped eating, stopped drinking water, got a runny nose. So off to the vet's office we went where they hooked her up to an IV and started pumping fluids and antibiotics into her. She finally started eating Wednesday morning and is--according to the vet--"chowing down". I might be able to bring her home tomorrow afternoon.

Miss Kitty is 18 years old. I'm not sure how much longer I have with her, but I hope she is healthy, alert, and more importantly, happy to be with me. If she is ready to go, I want her to go. I truly believe our animal friends have a spiritual life too, and I hope she knows that at the end we'll all be together again. Big Fat Harry, Sam, Miss Kitty, and me. And all the four legged children I've had the honor to take care of--Bailey, Bootsie, Gus, Max, Jack, Sandy, Ferdie--who have gone on to the Big Kitty Heaven in the sky.

12 Comments:

Blogger Glowie said...

*big hug*
The fact that she's "chowing down" is a big relief. I do hope you can bring her home with you and that she comes home healthy and happy.

*smooch*
Love you.

7/28/2005 9:50 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*hugs*
I've been thinking about Miss Kitty and as a result, my three devils, ahem, I mean cats, have been getting a bit more attention the last couple of days.

Love you sweetie. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

7/28/2005 10:21 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Pets are so special. Keep us posted on Miss Kitty. *big hug*

(PS Did I see you give Gus a call out? That was for Gus the Monkey, right?)

7/28/2005 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad she is feeling better, so hard when they get old.
*hugs*

7/28/2005 11:30 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Glad to hear she's chowing down.

*smooch* To Augie and Miss Kitty

Breezy<---- Keith Anderson's girlfriend, we're off to pick wildflowers

7/28/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

(((hugs)) and *smooches* to you and Miss Kitty. Hope that she feels better soon.

7/28/2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Thanks everyone. I went to see her today and she looked a bit better. She sat up the second she saw me and nuzzled my hand and purred and talked to me. I really hope she can come home tomorrow so I can spoil her and feed her all her favorite foods. I'll even buy her the most disgusting food ever .... Tender Vittles Shrimp and Sardines in Aspic. It's tiny little bits of ship and fish bodies in this jello crap. It's freakin' disgusting but she loves it, so I will happily buy it for her and let her eat it all day long if she wants.

*smooch* to all my adored OT ladies

7/28/2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Aww. *hugs* Glad she is feeling better. You're such a good mommy. :)

7/28/2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yay for Miss Kitty feeling better.
*smooches*

7/28/2005 6:55 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

*hugs*

I hope Miss Kitty is able to come home soon.

7/29/2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger gothmog said...

Hope everything goes ok with Miss Kitty. I hate when pets get old. Our cat is only 14, but still getting up there. It's only a matter of time for him, too, since he became diabetic.

I'm not an adored OT lady, so I guess I don't get a smooch. *pout*

7/29/2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Goth? You get a *smooch*, a *hug*, and a *pinch on the butt*.

7/29/2005 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home